Thursday, July 10, 2014

Will You Be My Servant? (5)

Rumi: What to do? What to do? I have no idea. Okay Rumi, it is time to start using your brain. There is a Servant, who is intelligent, beautiful, and for some strange reason I feel as though I have this weird connection to her. I would like her to be my Servant, but then again she’s smart and pretty and a lot of people want her too, especially Megumi. I’m not sure if I can handle anymore of her antics. And then there’s Anika. I don’t know that much about her but she seems nice and Sakiko said she was very bold to invite me out with her. Apparently, Masters do the asking. So today was about looking for your potentials and your competition and tomorrow will be the tryouts. I wonder where Anika would like to go with me. I wonder if Megumi is going to go out with her. My phone is ringing. I hope it’s not Sakiko again. I’ve heard enough of her rants and conspiracies for one day. Where are you phone? Gotcha! Hmmm… I don’t know this number. Hello?
Kimi: Is this Master Otaka Rumi?
Rumi: Yes.
Kimi: My name is Mizuno Kimiko. I am a Servant. I am sorry to disturb you so late.
Rumi: No, it’s fine. I wasn’t doing anything important.
Kimi: I just wanted to know if you were doing anything tomorrow.
Rumi: I’m sorry, but I’ve already made plans with another Servant.
Kimi: Oh, well in that case let me apologize now then. I heard Master Ezakiya Megumi was giving you a hard time today. I apologize on her behalf.
Rumi: You didn’t do anything wrong. You don’t need to apologize to me.
Kimi: I’m afraid that I do. It is because of me that she did what she did.
Rumi: I don’t understand.
Kimi: I’m Mizuno Kimiko.
Rumi: Yes, you just told me that.
Kimi: The same Mizuno Kimiko that you cut in line to greet.
Rumi: Wait a minute… you’re…
Mother Otaka: Rumi, can you come downstairs?
Rumi: In a minute!
Kimi: Is that your mother?
Rumi: Yes.
Kimi: I should let you go then. Once again, I apologize. Goodbye.
Rumi: That did not just happen. I did not just get a call from the girl that I’ve been after for a month. I did not turn her invitation down. I did not get interrupted by mother and this day was not the worst day of my life. The only good thing about today is now I know her name. Mizuno Kimiko. Mizuno Kimiko. Mizuno Kimiko. No matter how many times I say it, I always end up with a smile on my face. Mizuno Kimiko…

No comments:

Post a Comment