Saturday, May 30, 2015

Daredevil Season 1 Review

Hey People,

So I finally finished the first season and I loved it! I seriously think this is the best superhero show I've seen, ever. But don't get it twisted, I still love DC more. But my word, Netflix really knows how to put on a show. Let me explain.

Summary: A blind man defeats the evils in Hell's Kitchen by using his over heightened 4 senses.

This show did a great job of setting up characters. I understood why people did what they did except for one. I really don't understand Vanessa Marianna. One minute she was carrying a gun out of protection from the Kingpin (why didn't he get his name in the show? This was just as much his story as it was the Daredevil's) and the next she's all "I can't live without you." What? When did that happen? I'll tell you the truth right now, I didn't even know the Kingpin had a woman. I kept yelling at her "run while you can," but then I found out who she was and then started saying, "what do you see in him?"

Another problem I had was Foggy. I felt like he overreacted to finding the truth about Murdock. It's like he never contemplated that sometimes bad guys win while using the law. Really, Foggy? The only way to win is by using the law, even when the judges are paid? Think man! Also, towards the end of the season, we see Foggy getting back with his ex, who is a hoot. For most of the season we see Foggy going after Karen. The love stories need a tad bit more work, but everything else was fabulous.

I'm glad they didn't go down the Smallville route meaning he wouldn't dawn the suit until the end of the series, instead it was only the end of the season and now that we know there will definitely be a season 2, I can't wait to see him dawn the suit again.

This has to get its own paragraph because it was that amazing. The fighting sequence were out of this world. Dare (get it?) I say, better than Nikita? Powers, this is how you do a fighting scene. Watch and learn.


Nuff Said!

Cast: The big names you should know are: Charlie Cox, Deborah Ann Woll (True Blood), Elden Henson (The Mighty Ducks--love those movies) Rosario Dawson (just love her in general and will definitely be back next season hopefully for more episodes), and Vincent D'Onofrio. 

Judgement: If you're looking for something to binge through for the summer, I suggest you start with this one. It wraps itself up by the end of the season so you can take it as a series finale if you want, but you definitely get a sense that it's not over yet and I want to be there when it does unravel. Me thinks the fiancee is going to get her man out of jail.

Luv ya,
           Diva

2 comments:

  1. Thanks for the great review. I don't do Netflix so I'm now looking forward to when it comes out on DVD.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for reading it! It's definitely worth a watch and like I said in the review, the fighting scenes are amazing.

      Delete