Monday, April 27, 2015

The Good Wife S6 E20 Review

Hey People,

There were many things that I could have been upset about in this episode and to speak the truth, while I was watching, I was upset, but now that I think about it, there's only one thing I'm really upset about and that's Alicia and Kalinda not having a moment together. I never bought into the rumors of Julianna and Archie being frenemies, but now I think it's true. It's one thing to not have scenes with someone, but on their send off and still not have a scene together (that "And Alicia" scene, they weren't even in the same frame) sends a loud and clear message. There was definitely animosity between them. I understood why Archie was leaving (she felt her Kalinda character bleeding into her other work) and I was definitely wrong about my prediction of how it would end for her, but Kalinda went as she came on the screen--a complete mystery-- and ain't nothing wrong with that.

So what was left in the air:
  • What happened to her husband?
  • What did Kalinda write to Alicia?
  • What was that white card Kalinda broke for Lana?
  • What happened to Lana? (I always wanted to know if they would ever work out)
Kalinda can always come back if she wants to, so I'm glad this wasn't a death, but if Julianna Margulies has anything to say about it, I doubt she will. Goodbye Kalinda and good luck Archie Panjabi. 

As for the case-of-the-week, I wasn't really that interested in it. I felt bad for the old lady. I never would have thought being an addict was to your benefit and it was nice to see that broad again as the comic relief. It's still funny how she pronounces Lemond Bishop. Anyway, the old lady gets off free in the end since the judge ruled for probation that he deemed already served. 

I love seeing actors I love on other shows. I told you I've been watching The Wire and the guy is still playing as a drug dealer, but this time with a suite. Kalinda copied information from Bishop's laptop and got him arrested. I wonder if we'll get to see his trial, but damn that just seemed to easy. If his security is that shitty on his laptop, then he should have been arrested a long time ago.

The whole misunderstanding between Alicia and the firm was annoying as ever. I didn't like that it was all due to an misunderstanding, but it didn't matter in the end because after the mess was cleared Alicia still wasn't invited back to the firm because a big client said so. A lot of people are having a hard time believing Cary and Diane would choose money over Alicia, but that's exactly what happened. I actually prefer it this way because I didn't want everything to just go back to what it was before Alicia ran for State's Attorney. If you think about, nothing has changed from the beginning of the season other than Alicia having no job and Kalinda leaving. That's basically what this season was about.

Peter suggests Alicia writes a book. I hope it's a tell-all and she puts everyone on blast who made her resign her post, but that doesn't seem as fun to me. Some people believe Kalinda's note mentions Peter setting Alicia up, which would be great if it did. At least, it would give me something to look forward to. Some think it just said I love you. I don't know what the note said and at first I thought I wanted to know, but now that I think about it, I don't need to know because that's Kalinda for you. Alicia crying in the end, I think, was a mix of the note and her career going down the toilet. Maybe she can go work with Finn. 

Luv ya,
           Diva

No comments:

Post a Comment