Sunday, August 3, 2014

Banshee Review

Hey People,

Okay, so I was very behind this year with keeping up with shows because of school (had a really hard semester) and so I'm circling back on some shows now. Currently, I'm watching Banshee and I think it's probably one of the most underrated shows out there. Yes, I know this statement is said often, but I honestly think it is. I don't know anyone else who watches it and I thought I could do my part and spread the word a little bit.

Summary: An ex-convict comes into town looking for his ex/partner-in-crime since he went to jail for her. At the same time, a new sheriff is suppose to take over the town. Some goon kills the sheriff and the ex-con steals his identity. While it seems his ex has moved on with her life by having a family of her own, the ex-con stays in the town having everyone fooled into thinking he's the new sheriff. The plot is definitely more complex than that especially when you add in the fact the ex's father is trying to kill them.

What's great about Banshee is that it has drama and action all rolled into one and is executed very well. The way they put scenes together is amazing. The music is also one of the best parts of the show because it goes along so well with the show. I only knew two actors before watching. Ivana Miličević because of her guest spot on Chuck and Frankie Faison from White Chicks. Everyone else was new to me.

Judgment: I say check out the pilot and if you like it, then watch some more. If you don't, then it's probably not for you.

Even though, I really do love this show and think the writing is off the chain good, I won't be writing a diary for it. However, you should still try it out.

Luv ya,
           Diva

P.S. Did I mention the Amish and Native Americans are part of this show too?

No comments:

Post a Comment