Thursday, December 11, 2014

Throwback Thursday: Fringe Brownies

Hey People,

Fringe is my favorite show of all times. Yes, you read right. This show is my #1 show of all time right now and it will take a lot for me to change my mind. Let me explain to you why this how won't be dethroned so easily.

Summary: How far would you go to save someone you love? Would you go to the end of the universe? How about to an alternate reality?

If you love science fiction and you haven't seen this yet, then you need to stop what you are doing and start watching these pronto. Even if you're not a big fan of science fiction, then you should still love this show. It has everything you could want in a show: romance, science, mystery, family, and crime. Heck, it even has a musical episode.

I don't want to give too much away because it's definitely more fun to discover the twists and turns as you watch it yourself, but I will say that when I was watching this show live, there was not one time that I guessed correctly what would happen next. It got to a point where I wouldn't even guess at all because I had no idea where they would take the show. But where they did end up taking it, I was more than happy to see it being played out.

Season 3 > Season 4 > Season 2 > Season 5 > Season 1

What I will say is that this show starts off as a case-of-the-week type show, but by season 2 because they were scared of cancellation, the writers started steering away from cases-of-the-week and it became more of a mythology. They still had cases, but they were more intertwined and had baddies of the season. Fringe also did something that I still have yet to see another show do, but I will say The Affair is rather close to it (it's funny because Joshua Jackson is also a star in it).

Cast: You only need to know these 6 people: Anna Torv (her first major role in a show and was snubbed so hard for awards), Joshua Jackson (Dawson's Creek), John Noble (who was snubbed so many times for awards it's not even funny, you can see him on Sleepy Hollow), Jasika Nicole (Take the Lead), Blair Brown (this is the third time I've written about her this week, glad she's getting gigs), Lance Reddick (last time I saw him was on The Blacklist), and Gene (the cow).

Judgement: If you decide to watch this show make sure you pay attention because everything will come back full circle (as in what you see in the 1st season will come back in the 5th season). Let's just say by the end of the show, you will know what good acting is.

Luv ya,
            Diva

P.S. Have a Brown Betty for me for the holidays.
P.P.S. I forgot how phenomenal the music is in this show.
P.P.P.S. Each episode you can play Where's Waldo? Or in Fringe's case Where's September? I think I found him once throughout the whole series when he wasn't the center of attention. Also, each screen before a commercial would have a screen shot of a black screen, a small bright light, and a object, Each one corresponds to a letter. So the writers were writing messages to us fans.

No comments:

Post a Comment