Monday, March 9, 2015

American Crime Pilot Review

Hey People,

This time I really will try to keep this review short. So I said I would check American Crime out and I did. I didn't know anything going into it other than Felicity Huffman was in it and that's my girl. This show deals with a lot of heavy subjects. Let me explain.

Summary: A war vet gets murdered in his house and his wife is sexually assaulted and is hanging on for dear life. We witness outcomes of the family, the killer, and the accessories to the murder.

Like I said before, this show deals with a lot of heavy subjects: divorce, rape, murder, prostitution, drugs, race, class, and prejudice. This all happens in the first episode. But if I had to sum up what this show comes down to I would say it's all about how to make it in the world.

You can tell that even the victim's parents had it rough, especially the mother. Although, I kind of lose sympathy for her when she kept saying an illegal/Mexican killed her son when the police only told her it was an Hispanic. By the end of the episode, I felt bad for everyone, even the killer. He might be a killer, but he's also trying to protect someone he loves. This show really depressed me.

Have to say I wasn't expecting that end when they revealed the war veteran was a Walter White.

Cast: There are some heavy hitters in this show, but all you need to know is Felicity Huffman (Desperate Housewives) and Timothy Hutton (Ordinary People), the youngest actor to win the Academy Award for Best Supporting Actor at the age of 20.

Judgement: I think this is a great show and it definitely has a story to be told, but this show (like the Leftovers) is just not for me. I can tell it's good, but I know what I like and these types of shows (those that depress me) aren't it. I suggest giving it a try because it is worth a look.

Luv ya,
           Diva

P.S. I doubt the kid who was letting people rent his car would be found guilty for accessory to murder. He didn't know what they were using it for. It seemed a stretch that they would arrest him for that.

No comments:

Post a Comment