Friday, October 17, 2014

Jane The Virgin Pilot Review

Hey People,

So I just got finished watching an adorable show called Jane the Virgin and I seriously wasn't expecting to laugh as much as I did. This show is cute and funny and reminds me of those homey shows back in the day like Gilmore Girls and even today shows like Hart of Dixie. You don't find those types of shows easily anymore so it's good that they're still being made. So why do I think this show is cute and funny? Well, let me explain.

Summary: Jane is a virgin (if you haven't guessed yet) and because of the mistake of the doctor, gets artificially inseminated. The thing is the baby daddy and Jane knew each other already.

Let me start off by saying I never seen a telenovela before and I took French in high school (my whole family speaks it) so my Spanish is so horrible it's not even funny. However, I am used to watching shows not in English. I used to be a Korean show addict (my show addiction transcends language). Jane the Virgin is an adaption of a Venezuelan telenovela and what I like about it is how everyone is connected somehow.

First you have Jane who is the sweet girl who wants to grow up to be a teacher, but dreams of being a writer (I guess writers are sharing their back stories of their characters to other writers on TV shows--The Affair). She has the sexy hot mom who had her when she was a teen and a grandmother that is religious and only speaks Spanish (my grandmother is the same, but with French). Luckily for us they provide subtitles. Jane has an awesome boyfriend who is willing to marry her even if she's having somebody else's baby (that's one way to become a surrogate). Jane also has a famous father which she doesn't know about yet.

On the other side, you have the rich people or what I will refer to them as the baby daddy's side of the family. First let's talk about the baby daddy. He's cancer free and saved his sperm for a rainy day and when his wife took it upon herself to cash in by artificially inseminate herself to make sure her husband wouldn't leave her, it backfired. If the wife stays married to her husband for 5 years she gets $10 million, but the woman is already cheating on him with it seems like his best friend so that just says a lot about those two right there. Funny thing is Jane's boyfriend is watching their every move. Seems like something shady is going down at the hotel other than affairs happening.

The funniest parts of the episode was the baby daddy's sister. Girl was too funny. Sad her wife cheated on her, but in all seriousness her ex-lover should not be her ex-lover when she looks like that. You just don't let women who look like that go.

Cast: I actually don't know anyone here that well; however, the baby daddy Justin Baldoni looked familiar to me probably because he was in Everwood back in the day. But it seems Gina Rodriguez is the breakout star playing as Jane and rightfully so.

Judgement: I heard a lot of good things about this show even before premiere week started. Critics were calling it the best show of the fall season. Did it live up to the hype? I don't think so. I still think that crown belongs to How to Get Away with Murder. However, this show was still good and I will continue to watch it for as long as it's on.

Diary: No diary guys, sorry.

Luv ya,
           Diva

P.S. The narrator they got for this is awesome. This is how you do a narration Red Band Society.
P.P.S. I love how Gina is a stick figure on TV. Girl looks good, real good.

No comments:

Post a Comment