Thursday, March 26, 2015

Fans Deserve Better, Castle

Hey People,

Okay, so anytime I check my Google Now there is always an article about Castle and how neither Nathan Fillion, nor Stana Katic have signed a contract with ABC to extend their run for the show. In other words, there may not be a season 8.

Now I think 7 seasons are a lot and if the actors feel like it's time for them to go, I wouldn't hate on that; however, what I will hate on is if they left while their character's story isn't over. Beckett's story with her mother (that's been going on since the 1st season) was wrapped up and so was the 3XK story (that started in the 3rd season and ended recently), but Castle's MIA story just started at the end of the 6th season. If they wrapped that up this season, I wouldn't have any problems with them not coming back next fall. But they're not and what's even worse is they're starting a new mythology for Beckett by the end of this season and are ending it on a cliffhanger.

I just want to make sure that I get this straight. They'll have two unfinished stories that they just started recently and they'll end on a cliffhanger this season. I'm not going to lie to you people. I'm frickin' pissed. I spent 7 years watching this show and for them to end it like this even though they know they may not return for another season is a slap in the face.

I'm kind of upset with both parties. I'm upset with the writers that wrote this story without considering they may not be back next year and I'm upset with the actors because they know how this season will end and they might fuck their fans over. But I'm still holding out hope for Fillion and Katic to renew their contracts. They truly love their fans. Fillion will be Browncoat until the day he dies, no matter how much I dislike Firefly.

It's really sad that a show that has gone on for so long may not get an ending. To me, there is no point of watching a show if there's no end.

Luv ya,
           Diva

P.S. It's funny how Chuck, who was always in danger of cancellation, wrote their season finales as series finales and when they announced their 5th season would be their last, they ended up writing probably the worst series finale out of all of them. But at least I can say Chuck is complete and had an end, even if I didn't like it.

No comments:

Post a Comment