Sunday, December 20, 2015

Quantico Midseason 1 Finale Review

Hey People,

Elias is dead. It wasn't that hard to figure out he was behind it in this episode. I was thinking either they're making it really obvious on purpose or the actor who's playing Elias is really bad at acting. The people truly behind the bombings blackmailed Elias into doing their bidding and Elias went along with it because he didn't want to end up in jail. In the end, he took his own life to avoid jail time. Wow, man really didn't want to get butt raped in jail, I guess.

But even after Elias killed himself by falling out a window, Alex and people still had to deal with Simon being attached to a bomb. I don't know about you, but I just found it really wrong for them to release the trigger when the bomb they found was disarmed. Because every once in awhile the bomb you find may not be attached to the trigger you find just like in this case. It just didn't seem right to me to tell Simon to release the trigger without someone checking it out first. Anyway, another bomb went off and this one was underneath the place where the FBI set up shop after the Grand Central bombing. I would totally blame Alex for that one just because she told Simon to release his hand.

Back in the past, it was Christmas vacation, but most of the girls lied about going home and decided to stay and work on their cold cases. I don't care what the FBI call it, it's a cold case to me. Alex, Natalie, Shelby, and Nimah all looked like they were becoming close friends. But who in their right mind drinks and then decides to go jog a few afterwards? Those girls are out of their mind.

Caleb drops by and tells Shelby to come to his house for a party his mother is throwing. Shelby agrees as long as the rest of her girl group can come. This is where things get interesting. Caleb finds out his mother and father are giving their relationship another try. This sends red flags to his brain. Something must be up. Caleb finds out that his mother is on the short list to become the next VP of the Democratic Party. He tells his father the only reason his mother is giving it another go is because family value is big in the political world. Shelby didn't like the fact that Caleb is an explosion of truth. Caleb forces people to realize the truth while Shelby rather be with someone who lets her discover the truth for herself. So she broke up with him. I have to say that is probably the dumbest reason to break up with someone. That may be dumber than the whole I want to protect you and so I have to let you go break up. I really hate Caleb and Shelby together and now that Shelby got with Caleb's father, I really hate Shelby. I was so happy that Caleb's mother vowed to destroy her not because she slept with her husband, she could give 2 shits about that, but because she broke her son's heart. Go Mom!

Another couple I don't like is Alex and Ryan. Ryan was at the party undercover, although I don't know why since most of the people there worked for the government, but anyway, he was with his "wife" and man did I like her right off the bat for breaking it down for Alex. Ryan is goo goo ga ga for her and wifey knows he's not going to be able to get over her so quickly (talking from experience on that one). She told Alex not to toy with him when she knows there is no future for them. Like I said, I really liked the wifey and I guess I don't like any relationship on this show. However, I do remember someone mentioning that O'Connor was in love with Alex and I believe the way this episode ended with them that we're going to see how that happens.

Miranda didn't want to go home either because she kept thinking her son was guilty and didn't want to face reality by going home and being reminded of everything. But when she finally did have the courage to go home, she found her son on the porch, half dead.

This show is kind of hard to predict what will happen so I won't even try, but I will say this, Quantico started out great (I thought it was going to be the best show of the season), but then lost its flame as the soap in it started kicking in. Remember how in the beginning I thought this would be the Grey's version of the FBI? Well it turns out I was right about that. It got into soap land and is sticking around there as far as I can tell. But don't get me wrong, I have no intention of getting rid of the show. I'll be sticking around for the 2nd half because I am interested to see what happens next. Although I do vote for killing off Simon and Ryan. The show was so much better with just the females around, even Shelby and Natalie.

Luv ya,
            Diva

P.S. I have to admit, I love how the show used real life politicians and didn't just make it up. I heard Trump, Carson, Obama, and Biden. Oh the world we live in.

No comments:

Post a Comment