Wednesday, July 16, 2014

Finding Carter Review

Hey People,

This is funny. So I vowed never to watch a MTV show because it's MTV. Yes I know, very prejudice of me, but I can't help it. I grew up with MTV being a music channel and when that changed I just couldn't cope with it. Frankly, I didn't think it was changing for the better (Jersey Shore, anyone?). But then it got into scripted shows, not like their reality shows weren't already scripted, but at least with these, they were willing to admit that they were.

I recently just watched Teen Wolf and was surprised how much I enjoyed it (but that could be due to the fact that I just had very low expectations of it), but not enough for me to keep watching. So I decided to try the new one of the bunch, Finding Carter. The only thing I knew about this show before I watched it is Skins's twin girl was in it, who plays one of my favorite characters on Skins. That's it. That's all I knew. When I found out her mom wasn't her real mom, this was me, "What the f***!?"

I thought this show was going be about solving a mysterious case or something. Totally caught me off guard. You know what else caught me off guard? The actors that popped onto my screen. Let's see there's Alexis Denisof, who I haven't seen as a main since the Angel days, but has guest starred on his wife's show How I Met Your Step-Mother Mother (I guess it's his turn to be a main in a show now). You have Cynthia Watros from The Drew Carey Show and Lost. And of course you have the lovely Meredith Baxter from Family Ties, who's recurring. So definitely a nice set of actors here. I'm just surprised that Kathryn Prescott's real life twin isn't playing her actual twin in the show. That's a bigger twist than me finding out her mom is her kidnapper.

Definitely expect a diary for this.

Luv ya,
          Diva

P.S. Did anyone else think Carter and Linda were sisters at first or was that just me?

No comments:

Post a Comment