Wednesday, July 16, 2014

The Last Ship Review

Hey People,

I just watched the pilot of The Last Ship (finally) and I've decided not to do a diary on it even though it would be an easy and fun one to do. However, I did want to talk about it a little bit.

Eric Dane, who is a very gorgeous man--who can rock both facial hair and clean shaven--is the lead. I knew Eric Dane was in this show before starting; however, I did not know that Adam Baldwin was in the show (Chuck me). Love me some Adam Baldwin. I also couldn't place the girl who played Rachel Scott. I kept on looking at her, hoping that it would come to me. I kept on catching myself staring at her mouth. She has a very interesting shaped mouth and she never really smiles. Then I thought, maybe she has fangs and BINGO. She was a vampire. All I could picture was her with fangs and at first I thought True Blood, but I was wrong. She was a vampire on The Gates, which was a fun supernatural Desperate Housewives summer show that I wish didn't get cancelled. I also have seen Travis Van Winkle (aka abs man) in various things such as That's So Raven, Hart of Dixie and Meet the Spartans. Michael Bay, director of Transformers, is also an executive producer of the show.

Quick summary: A disease is killing everyone in the world and they might have the cure on the ship.

As much as I like the people in this show, I couldn't really bring myself to care about what happens. When the first crew member died, I said to myself, "Well that's what you get for running down the stairs". I also couldn't understand why they didn't want to kill him. Show him mercy and put him out of misery. What were they going to do, bring him on board? However, the end did have me interested in watching the 2nd episode.

If your contemplating on watching it, I say go for it, you might like it. After all this is a summer show and it's on TNT (Boom). But is it must see? Not really, so I wouldn't recommend it to a friend.

But hey, there is always room for improvement.

Luv ya,
           Diva

No comments:

Post a Comment