Tuesday, July 8, 2014

Will You Be My Servant? (3)

Sensei: Put down your pencils and pass your test forward!
Rumi: Ahh! My head hurts. No more, I can’t do it anymore.
Sakiko: Relax. That was the last one for a while.
Rumi: I know, but it doesn’t feel like it is. I feel like I have to start studying for the next test, now! What has this school done to me?
Sakiko: Whoever said that going after what you want would be easy?
Rumi: You’re right. Oh and thanks for your help with the studying. It really helped.
Sakiko: No problem. But I do have to say, whoever becomes your Servant will have a lot of work to do. I kind of already feel sorry for them.
Rumi: Hey!
Sakiko: But I feel even sorrier for anyone who has Itoe as their Master. Good luck to them! Trying to get her to speak actual words will be a miracle. And if they can’t, then her grunts will just have to do. Since she was raised by wolves, I wonder if Itoe licks a person’s face when she’s happy.
Rumi: Hahaha……. You are so mean.
Sakiko: Or even better, if she is a good little Master, she gets a treat. Huh, then the roles would be in reverse.
Rumi: Speaking of Itoe… Itoe, how do you think you did on the test?
Itoe: grrr…
Rumi: I hear you. You don’t even want to talk about it because it was so bad.
Sakiko: Okay do not look into her eyes. Don’t look into her eyes. Don’t look into her eyes.
Rumi: I feel the same way. Words can’t even express it, but you summed it up to one word that tells it all—grrr.
Sakiko: Oh No! I looked into her eyes. What should I do?
Rumi: Isn’t that right, Sakiko?
Sakiko: Think, think, think. Did Rumi just ask me a question? I need to get out of this situation. Right, I have to go now.
Rumi: Wait, I’ll come with you. See you later, Itoe. Sakiko, slow down! Sakiko!
Sakiko: Sorry.
Rumi: What was that about?
Sakiko: I don’t know. No, I do know. I am scared of her. My palm gets sweaty. I never know what to say. I’m so scared that I can’t even look her in the eye!
Rumi: Hahaha! Sounds more like you like her than scared of her.
Sakiko: This is no time to make jokes.
Rumi: Sorry. Okay, let’s change the subject. Since Golden Week is next week why don’t we hang out together one day? I know I promised myself that I would sleep through the whole week, but since you are a good friend to me, I am willing to let you have a day and if everything goes well, I might let you have a second.
Sakiko: Only you can make me go from scared to angry in one minute.
Rumi: Why? What did I do?
Sakiko: Rumi! It’s Golden Week! The Week! More specific, the last week we get to have before everyone starts judging us based on our grades so far.
Rumi: Still not following.
Sakiko: When Golden Week is over, we won’t be Japanese girls. We won’t even be considered human. We will be nothing, but a number. Hopefully a very, very low number.
Rumi: Okay, but I don’t get it. It’s not like we can improve our grades. Like you said, we won’t have a test for a while.
Sakiko: It’s not about improving grades. It’s about getting to know Servants and them getting to know you. We meet here in our everyday entire and we just socialize.
Rumi: That’s all?
Sakiko: That’s it. And hopefully you leave a good impression on them that when the grades do come out, they can look pass it.
Rumi: Then, I guess it’s time for us to work our charm.
Sakiko: Sure! Why do I have a feeling we’re going to need more than just that?

No comments:

Post a Comment