Wednesday, August 13, 2014

Outlander Review

Hey People,

So I just recently watched this new show Outlander on Straz that started this weekend and I must say I am very impressed.

Summary: WWII just ended and Claire and her husband are trying to reconnect after the war separated them for so long. Road Trip! But somehow Claire in transported back through time during the Scottish and English wars. There she meets some Scottish warriors that save her life and in return saves a handsome Scot's life. With her knowledge of knowing what will happen next, we wonder what will happen next?

Before I ventured down this rabbit hole, I wasn't even sure this was the show where a woman travels back in time torn between two lovers until more than half way through the first episode. Some people commented that the pace didn't pick up until the time travel, but I enjoyed the back story of her life and the re-connection of her marriage, even though I didn't really feel the chemistry of Claire and her husband. You can show me all the sexy sex scenes you want that doesn't mean I'm going to buy into their love. I mean I felt more chemistry with the handsome Scot than with her husband.

What's great about this show is how mesmerized you become while watching. I was totally enthralled by the scenes and especially by the music. I could replay that witch dance over and over and over again. It was that good. I don't know anyone from this show and you know what? I don't think you need to know anyone. This show has a huge base all on its own based off a bestselling book series.

Judgement: Starz, you took away my Spartacus, but you gave this viewer a show worthy to replace it. Definitely check this show out.

Diary: I decided not to a diary for this show since, to tell you the truth, I rather watch and enjoy it than dissect it.

Luv ya,
           Diva

P.S. Outlander has been renewed for a 2nd season.

No comments:

Post a Comment