Thursday, August 14, 2014

The Leftovers Review

Hey People,

So I just watched The Leftovers and I'm at a lost for words. All I can think of is this show really scares. Granted, I do get scared easily so that's not saying much, but the reason why I'm scared of this show is because it's so real. Let me explain.

Summary: Three years ago, 2% of the population just up and disappeared out of thin air. No one knows where they went and we witness how people react to the situation.

Like usual, I had no idea what this show was about. I just heard the name in a couple of places and decided to check it out. To tell you the truth, I thought  The Leftovers was about a restaurant or something involving food. Boy was I wrong.

This show focuses on a family--a very broken family--that each deals with the situation differently. There were so many times in the pilot episode that I was scared for my life. Why my life? I'm not sure, but if I was in the same situation as them, I'm not sure which cult group I would be in. Maybe that's what scares me the most.

I only know Michael Gaston from Jericho, the twins Max Carver and Charlie Carver from Desperate Housewives, and of course Liv Tyler from Armageddon and from just being a famous daughter.

Judgement: This show is dark and very real, I would even argue more so than Dexter. With my impressionable mind, this wouldn't be a good fit for me. But this doesn't mean the show doesn't have potential because it does. If you like the pilot, then continue on.

Diary: Can't have a diary, if I ain't watching.

Luv ya,
           Diva

P.S. The reoccurring melody that plays throughout the pilot is really entrancing. I feel like I've heard it before or it's very similar to something I've heard before.

No comments:

Post a Comment