Thursday, September 25, 2014

Gotham Pilot Review

Hey People,

So Gotham, yea, that totally happened. Let me get this off my chest first. I'm probably going to compare this show a lot to Smallville, because they are so similar. I am a huge Smallville fan. I love Superman. Yes, to me, Superman trumps Batman (and so the hate mail begins). However, I may not be a fan of Batman, but I love Batman's villains. I can 5 of B's villains right off the top of my head, but I can't even do that with S's. So boy was I happy when I saw many villains in the premiere. I will say this though, Gotham had a better pilot than Smallville's. Let me explain...

Summary: Is this section even necessary?

I didn't even know this show wasn't going to be centered around Bruce Wayne, which I'm kind of glad about that because I don't really want to hear about the problems of a young boy, maybe a bit about losing his parents, but that' it. Gotham is centered around James Gordon. Is it weird that anytime I'll see Gordon and Kean I keep saying, "Have sex now! There's no time to waste. I want her out by the end of the year." Too much pressure? Gordon is an all-around good guy and that didn't change at all in the premiere. I knew I knew his face from somewhere. Ben McKenzie from The O.C. My have we grown and in all the right places. Nice job.

Harvey Bullock I had to look him up. I didn't know him, but I do know Donal Logue and this man can act in different genres: comedy (Grounded for Life), drama (Copper), crime fighting. Awesome actor and glad he's back on my TV screen. He plays Harvey very well and I'm also glad that there's a character that represents the dark side of the police.

Back to Kean for a second, girl had a fling, huh? Did not see that one coming. Maybe they'll mix it up and she or her used-to-be-lover will turn out to be Batwoman. I don't know, I was just shocked when I heard what they were hinting at. But Erin Richards reminds me of a doll. Her face is just so doll-like. I don't know if that's a good thing or bad thing, but it is interesting to see when she's on the screen. I just stare at her the whole time.

This role seems like it was made for Robin Lord Taylor, who is apparently a newbie since he has no Wikipedia page. Get on that people. I want to know what he eats for breakfast by the time the season is over. He played the penguin perfectly and loved his interactions with Mooney. Gordon is going to regret not killing that bird.

Speaking of another person who played it perfectly, Cory Michael Smith, also another newbie was great as Edward Nygma and I hope to see more of him. I thought it was perfect how they made him the coroner. That was genius to whoever thought that one up. I started dying on sight when I saw him. The Joker has to be in my top 2 villains in the Bat world.

Now I have to admit, I was a bit skeptical about Jada Pinkett Smith being in this show, but she did a wonderful job. Shocked and amazed and Fish Mooney (new character) is a good villain to start this Gotham journey.

Lastly, the kids, who we rarely saw in the premiere. I mean Catgirl didn't even speak once. Not even a meow. I wonder if they will ever let the two kids meet.

Judgement: There really isn't that much to say about it. I had high hopes for this show and I wasn't let down. This show delivered to me exactly what I thought. So no disappointment here. However, with the attraction that this show was getting I was expecting to be amazed and that I was not.  But again, I stress, I was not disappointed. So far this is the best premiere that I've seen out of the newbies (I've only seen 5, so not much). If it's the best premiere as of now. I got to keep watching.

Diary: I'm debating to write a dairy on this show or not. I'm leaning towards a yes. I guess you'll just have to wait and see if I do or not next week.

Luv ya,
           Diva

No comments:

Post a Comment