Saturday, September 27, 2014

How To Get Away With Murder Pilot Review

Hey People,

...
I have no words right now. I don't think I can even speak right now because my jaw is just wide open. What did I just watch? ...I got it! I just watched hands down the best new show of the season. I know I said it before, but I was basing that off of what I already watched. This is what I've been waiting for. This is the wow factor I was talking about. How To Get Away With Murder (HTGAWM) is probably going to be the best Shonda Rhime show she's ever created. Let me explain.

Summary: A hardcore professor + murderous students = one h*ll of a ride

This equation describes exactly what this show is about and by the end of the show, you are left with a smile on your face because you know, you just witnessed something amazing. You realize that this show's season is going to be nuts and you're going to enjoy every second of it.

So let's get into the the nitty-gritty of it. These students killed someone and I thought it was going to be the professor, but I'm glad it wasn't because I can't see this show going on without Viola Davis. She's the James Spader of the show. Within the first 5 minutes, I could tell this was going to be good. Now this show tends to go back and forth between the present day and the murderous night, which annoyed some viewers. I say it wasn't too bad since it was a consistent flashback. Now if we were in the territory of Lost, then I would be singing another tune. What I'm wondering is if this show is going to do flashbacks all the time or just for this one episode.

Now we already know something went down in that boy's apartment, we just don't know what yet. Too much is in the unknown as of right now to speculate anything. As for the infamous scene of the detective and her doing some naughty things in her personal office, I'm glad she wasn't ashamed of being caught in the act. I think that spoke volumes within itself. Too many women are apologetic of being sexual and that's nothing to be ashamed of. However, she should be ashamed, not because so the act, but because she's married. However, I get the feeling her marriage isn't all that simple and the fact that her husband's student was found in the water tank and her comment of the boyfriend did it, makes me think her husband is involved somehow. We already know that at least her husband has one admirer.

Now about that moment in the bathroom where the hands were just rubbing away. I don't know if she's attracted to that boy or not, but she's most certainly is going to mess with his head.

Now apparently, Viola Davis said she doesn't want to do more than 16 episodes a season. She laid down the law and so I heard this show will only have at max 15 episodes. I do not mind this. Actually, I welcome the idea. I don't know why shows especially on the broadcasting networks need the magic number 22. The show is more concise when it's less. I think most people like fewer numbers because the stories are tighter and there are less fillers. It's not quantity we want, but quality.

Cast: I know everyone has already said it, but it must be said here as well. Viola Davis (The Help) did a phenomenal job with the role. I can't see anyone else but her playing it. The only other people I know in this series are Liza Weil from Gilmore Girls and Matt McGorry (Orange is the New Black), who was annoying as h*ll in the show, but I guess that's his character. Everyone else is relatively new.

Judgement: Of course, this show gets a season pass from me and with the opening numbers being so big, I'm just waiting to hear they picked it up for a full season. It got over 14 million viewers and a 3.9 in demo. ABC would be crazy not to pick this highest viewed new show. I'll even say it right now, this show is definitely going to get a 2nd season.

Diary: I really want to write a diary for this or either review it extensively. I haven't decided yet, but it will definitely get something. So look out for that next week.

Luv ya,
            Diva

1 comment: