Monday, January 5, 2015

Previously On...Monday

Hey People,

Gotham S1 Midseason Finale

If you want a recap/review of what previously happened on Gotham, then click the link above.

Since this is the only show on Monday that is coming back from hiatus for me, I decided to talk about a recent article that I just read about the show, specifically about the character Barbara.

As you should know by now, I'm not a fan of Barbara. As a woman, I shouldn't be saying this, but she seriously needs to go to the bedroom and spread her legs because that's all she's good for. I know it's mean, but it's true. What has this character contributed to the show other than annoy us with her "I need to be let in Gordon. I want to know everything." At first when Gordon doesn't let her in she gives him an ultimatum. And when she is finally let in, she can't handle it and then ends up cheating on him.

This leads me to the article that debates if the hatred for Barbara is rooted in her bisexuality. Trust me that's not it at all. I don't care if she was heterosexual. She's still an annoying character. She could have cheated on Gordon with another man, it wouldn't have made a difference. I honestly think writers got tired of the whole love-triangle and decided to do one with a twist. If you can call bisexuality a twist. I don't know if love-triangles give heterosexuals a bad name. If they get any name at all it'll either be slut or indecisive. But when it comes to bisexuals. they just get cheater. Heteros don't, but why bisexuals? Is it because they look at both men and women. Trust me when I say, a cheater will cheat on you regardless of their sexuality. Because a player is gonna play. play, play, play, play. Barbara is a cheater no matter what and I hate her because she adds nothing to the show.

I should note I have nothing against the actress. Her acting skills are fine. I totally blame the writers for not fleshing out her character. Let's see if they can do something about it this time around.

Luv ya,
            Diva

No comments:

Post a Comment