Friday, February 13, 2015

The Slap Pilot Review

Hey People,

I haven't done a review in awhile and The Slap wasn't on my itinerary, but since the show was so hyped because of the controversy and because of its ratings I decided to check it out. Also, the fact that it's a miniseries was probably what pushed me to watch it the most because there has to be an ending like the Australian version, which I've never seen. I ended up liking it. Let me explain.

Summary: To celebrate a man turning 40, his family and friends were invited. One of the couples had a huge brat as a kid (the parents could not handle him) and so another parent stepped in and slapped him. Everyone was in an uproar. Some for the slap, and others against it.

In all honesty, I grew up in a family that didn't slap kids on the face, but definitely spanked you everywhere else. There has always been a debate in America on whether spanking your child is abuse or not or even if its the right course of action to take. I think most just go with the rule "if it's your child, you can discipline him/her anyway you like" but disciplining someone else's kid is a whole other story. There definitely is a fine line between abuse and discipline and I believe most can tell the difference in a situation. But I can tell you right now, if that was my child he definitely would have gotten spanked and electronics would be foreign to him. But if it was someone else's kid, most likely a timeout and if that didn't work, I would put him with the adults. There is nothing worse for a kid than to listen to adult conversations. Will bore the crap out of them every time.

Even though this show is called The Slap, there were other things going on. Hector, the birthday boy, didn't get his promotion, and he has fallen for the babysitter who was also invited to the party. Each week, the show will be in the prospective of another character so like The Affair except not just switching back and forth between 2 people.

Cast: This is one beautiful, talented, and amazing cast: Peter Sarsgaard (The Killing), Uma Thurman (Kill Bill), Melissa George (Hunted), Thandie Newton (Mission Impossible 2), Zachary Quinto (Star Trek, Heroes), Thomas Sadoski (The Newsroom), among others.

Judgement: It's a miniseries that'll only be 8 episodes, watch it if it keeps your attention.

Luv ya,
            Diva

No comments:

Post a Comment