Thursday, March 19, 2015

The Royals Pilot Review

Hey People,

So I was kind of looking forward to this show and I wasn't disappointed. It was exactly what I thought it was going to be--a mess. But it was a good type of mess. Basically, what I'm trying to say is it was a show that you should add if you want to satisfy your guilty pleasure. Let me explain.

Summary: There's a king, a queen, 2 princes, and a princess. When the eldest gets killed in the military, the king thinks it's time to abolish the monarchy.

This show starts with stereotypes and hopefully they will diverge away from them in the future. You have the nice and understanding father, the king, the bitch of a mother, the queen, the perfect son, the dead prince, the middle child who could never be as good as his brother, the prince, and the party vagina flasher sister, the princess. Let's not forget the daughter of the head royal security force playing as the commoner, who falls in love with the next to be king. I thought for a second that they weren't going to go down that road since the commoner didn't seem interested to be the prince's girlfriend, but by the end, she was and I just rolled my eyes. Let's not forget the Chuck 2.0 (Gossip Girl) they added in the show. I'm talking about the uncle who seems schemish and is probably thinking of a way to get the throne for himself, even though he has to kill 3 more people to get it. He did almost shoot his brother, the king, so I wouldn't rule it out.

So of course, everyone is in an uproar when they find out the king wants to abolish the monarchy. To the queen this is the only life she's ever known. But the prince thinks his father doesn't trust him enough to take over. The king just thinks if it weren't for traditions his son would have never had died (the 1st born always went to the military) and he thought his dead son could do anything. He doesn't want to limit his only son left.

Cast: All you need to know is Elizabeth Hurley and most people on this show are English except for the princess who is Australian and the commoner who is Canadian.

Judgement: This show is exactly like Elizabeth Hurley described it as. If you like Dynasty and Gossip Girl, you'll like this show. I would love to add it to my list, but it wouldn't be because I think it's good, but because I think it would be a fun and entertaining hour. I don't think I want to dedicate a recap every week for it, although now that I think about it, this would make a good diary. I'll have to think about it. I have until Sunday to think about it. I'll let you know then.

Luv ya,
            Diva

P.S. I watched the 2nd episode and I won't be watching. It's like Gossip Girl, but the bad seasons.

No comments:

Post a Comment