Tuesday, September 29, 2015

Previously On Tuesday...

Hey People,

OMG, I watched Scream Queens and I want my 2 hours back. I'm not a huge fan of satire in general so I shouldn't be judging and I will admit it did have its moments when I laughed, but most of the time I was just screaming how ridiculous the show is, which I'm pretty sure is its intention. Text murder anyone? Anyway, I just wanted to say that I did watch it and there is no way in hell that I'll watch another episode of it, but I will say Emma Roberts is amazing in it as well as Jamie Lee Curtis. I also watched The Muppets and enjoyed it as well. The Miss Piggy and Kermit breakup scene had me tearing up. It was sad y'all! But I comment on dramas and not comedy, so let's get on with the recap, shall we?

S1 E1
I did a back to back with Limitless. I first watched the movie and then went directly to the series. You don't have to watch the movie to understand the show, but it does help to give you a background to the story. Bradly Cooper made an appearance (he is an executive producer) and I suspect that he will return to make another appearance. The show didn't really deviate away from the movie all that much. The lead characters are both roughly the same type of personalities and get to the same type of situation. The only difference is the show will dive into the question of who, as in, who created the drug. The movie never answered the question, so movie people don't know more than TV bingers.

Because the movie has turned into a series, CBS just had to make it a procedural. I'm hoping it'll become more serial later on. The deal is Brain Finch (I am really missing Person of Interest right now, especially since this show took its spot for now) will now be studied by the FBI to enhance NZT and while they're doing that Finch will work as an consultant for the FBI and help them with cases working with Rebecca Harris (Jennifer Carpenter seems to like playing a cop) as the handler.

I like how the show tied in the movie and didn't treat it like it didn't happen or had a one off mention about it, but it definitely has room to grow. Before I watched, I heard some people commenting that this was better than Blindspot, but I have to disagree with that one. It wasn't bad, but Limitless needs to step it up a notch. They have a similar premise, so I doubt this will be the last comparison you see of them.

Like I've stated before, I don't have as much time as I used to so I have to be real picky about what I choose to watch this year, so Limitless has to get real smart and quick if they want me to stick around until the end of the season. I think some viewers feel the same because as far as ratings go, it started off in the okay field.

Luv ya,
            Diva

No comments:

Post a Comment