Sunday, December 13, 2015

Empire Music

Hey People,

This is your weekly dosage of music from the hit show Empire. Whether you missed it, or want to hear the full version, this is the place to be. Here is what I think warrants a 2nd listen.

I got to say Yazz and Jamila are a great combo. this rivals "Keep It Movin" from last season. It's not as fast paced, but you can tell they can perform miracles (get it?) by teaming together. I expect even better songs to come.

"Miracles" - Yazz & Jamila Velazquez


This is equivalent to the amazing duet between between Jussie and Estelle last season except it didn't end with a kiss (we'll get into that in the recap). What can I say, but that it was a powerful duet.

"Powerful" - Jussie Smollett & Alicia Keys


Just another good one from Jussie.

"Supernatural" - Jussie Smollett

You know how you aren't feeling a song at first, but then you find yourself singing along to it time later? That's kind of what happened to me with "Runnin'" and "Snitch Bitch", so I'm adding it to my collection. I didn't like Hakeem's part in "Runnin'" and I didn't like "Snitch Bitch" because it's about Cookie and Cookie didn't snitch on him, but the songs are stuck in my head so what else can I do but add them to the list.

"Runnin'" - Yazz, Jamila Velazquez, Raquel Castro, & Yani Marin

"Snitch Bitch" - Terrence Howard & Petey Pablo


Luv ya,
            Diva

No comments:

Post a Comment