Wednesday, January 6, 2016

Limitless Midseason 1 Finale Review

Hey People,

Better late than never, but I will say that I did watch this awhile ago and just never got around to writing this review. Damn these holidays. Anyway, Limitless had probably one of the best midseason finales this fall. It kept me engaged the whole time through.

First of all, I love how they organized the episode by showing us the point of views of each character. Do I think we should do that all the time? No, but it was a great way to get to know the backgrounds of the characters a little more. I mean, we got to learn Ike's real name--Jason--but isn't it just as funny that they bleeped out their names towards the beginning of the episode?

Now someone did die, but it wasn't who I thought it would be, but I still think he's going to die this season. If I know anything about superheros it's that their father always dies. However, I will not hate on who the show actually killed off because I hated that character anyway so it was a win win situation for me. Casey is dead, as in dead dead, as in he ain't coming back no mo' and I'm kind of glad. I felt like there was no use of him other than to be the other guy if Brian would ever develop feelings for Rebecca. But I was especially glad that Rebecca figured out that she didn't want to be in a relationship in the first place instead of her still having feelings for him and then dying. This was a much better route. No one needs that extra-ness. I know Rebecca will still probably be sad and heartbroken and possibly might blame herself for Casey using NZT--let's face it, he did start using because of her--this will still be a better route solely because she knew she didn't want to be with him before everything went to shit.

I liked the duel between Casey and Brian. Good NZT vs Bad NZT. It was a nice fight and always appreciate a good fighting scene. But I just want to point out how different Casey and Brian are when on NZT. Casey was more like a robot while Brian is always a free spirit. A good question was raised by Casey taking NZT, can NZT make you see all the angles of a situation. Boyle doesn't think so. You can't predict a choice someone makes, but you can predict the outcomes. Brian knew Casey outweighed his options because he was on NZT. Casey didn't have another choice other than to surrender. Brian knew that which is why he wanted to talk it out with Casey. It's because Boyle is analyzing the situation at a disadvantage that he doesn't see Casey not shooting Brian since Boyle wasn't on NZT. Boyle could only think of the worst case scenario and shot first. Was Boyle wrong? No, not at all. If you're not on NZT that's what you have to think of, but the question remains: Was there a better choice? The answer is yes, but you can't blame Boyle for not seeing it. You can only blame him for not trusting Brian with his assessment of the situation. Wow I just went all kinds of nerdy on that one.

Anyway, Boyle now has a pill. Will he take it? I'm not sure. Boyle is a by the book guy, but because of this episode I don't think he likes to be at a disadvantage. Either he'll keep it for safekeeping or he'll return it, but I don't think he'll take it, at least not in the near future.

Finally, we got to see Brian's dad with his claws out when he was threatening Naz. It made me dislike him even more. I really don't like how Brian's father knows everything. For now, he'll stay quiet, but he won't for long.

I remember asking Limitless to step up its game because I didn't have as much time available anymore and I have to say that it has. I'm glad I stuck with the show because it is very entertaining. I know people compare this to Blindspot and I know in the beginning I said Blindspot won that category, but now I'm not so sure. They are both great in their own ways. Blindspot is mysterious, while Limitless is quirky and I like quirky and mystery. While Blindspot has been great from the get go, Limitless has grown into its own and as long as they're both great, why hate? As long as a show achieves greatness, I don't care. Just don't take too long to achieve it.

Luv ya,
            Diva

No comments:

Post a Comment